quinta-feira, agosto 26, 2010

"Treat them mean, keep'em keen"

It goes like this (no, not It goes like this The fourth, the fifth, The minor fall, the major lift The baffled king composing Hallelujah.... NO! this will bring Leonard back full time)...

Let's try again...

Team lunch out, a Dutch who likes to brisk walk and me with a skirt and sandals with NO heels. Still, one thing is to walk to lunch, the other is to brisk walk to lunch... The first one acceptable in business clothes/ shoes... The second one.... not really! One of the colleagues, who can't help her opinionated self and brings out this comment in a very depreciative tone after I refused to brisk walk in my sandals:

"Oh, you're such a girlie girl when it comes to buying shoes! Me, I have this rule that I only buy shoes that I feel comfortable enough to run in them"

Inside my head:
Oh for fucks sake... you know, that's why your man complains that you nag him! this is exactly why!
And for crying out loud, when i want to run... I put on my running shoes.... I don't expect the sandals that look good with the skirt, to also look good with the running clothes.

Outside of my head:
Me? A girlie girl when it comes to buying shoes?

There you go... when I grow up (i.e. my 30th birthday resolution), I want to tell what actually goes in my head, and not the censored version that almost always comes out!
I don't want to be nice to people anymore!
I'll be rude, unpleasant and blunt… or like the boss taught me:

"treat em mean, keep'em keen!"

2 comentários:

JustAnother disse...

Aos Holandeses podes dizer TUDO na cara. Nao esperam nada menos do que a brutal honestidade.
Eu cá deixei de me censurar há séculos. Pelo menos para com pessoas que, elas próprias, nao se censuram.

cdgabinete disse...

Sim, isso é uma das coisas boas dos holandeses!

Eu tenho que praticar... Mas tantos anos a ser simpatica e politicamente correcta, não se contrariam facilmente :(