domingo, novembro 11, 2012

The creepy pick up line...

So, four years ago I discovered the Diili Hat and loved it! It is less crowed than other street markets, it has nice stuff, good food and feels quite safe. So, even though i don't really need any new pashminas, I went back. Walked around and started my shopping spree in a bracelet booth... I chose the one bracelet i liked and tried to bargain the price... didn't work, so I left.

(A few meters ahead, a creepy white man invited me for coffee...)

- Hey, you  have very good taste...
- Excuse me?
- The bracelet you chose, it was really nice
- ... (silence)
- Where are you from?
- Europe
- Oh, europe is big... where in europe?
- Portugal
- No way! Lisboa... You know, Paulo is my portuguese nick name!
- Hum hum (in my head: go away 40 yr old pale creep with braces)
- Do you want to go for a coffee?
- No thank you (in my head: you are really creeping me out now!).
- Oh, that's a pity. It would be nice...
- Bye (creepy white man)
- Bye, enjoy your shopping. I think I will go back and collect the bracelet you chose.

(a few meters ahead... while i was in another booth)

He was back:  - Bye, nice to meet you and safe travels home
- Adeus

photo by: cdgabinete, New Delhi, Nov 2012


Sem comentários: